We are proud to announce that baby Morriss #3 is a BOY!! Move over fairies and baby dolls, here come baseballs and dump trucks! (It's good that Makayla still loves cars, trains, and the sandbox. She'll show him the ropes until she pulls her tutu out.)

(I was a little apprehensive to put this picture up, but unless you know what to look for it is pretty obscure.)
We found out today around noon. Jeremy and the girls came, making it a family affair. It was nasty, snowy outside but we were undaunted in our quest to find out if we had another sister or if we had a brother. We had barely settled in the room and the technician started looking around when Jeremy said, "Yep, that's a boy." The technician agreed and I still had no idea what I was looking at! At least she kept it there for a minute so I could see what everyone else was seeing. It was real, we're having a boy! We are so excited! I have no idea how to raise a boy, but we'll figure it out. One thing is for sure I think there aren't too many decorating options for this kid, baseball and the Braves. I think if I framed a couple of Daddy's college assignments of calculus and thermodynamics on his famous green engineering paper, that might be allowed in his bedroom as well. I'm hoping that Daddy will spare him the pocket protector until he's at least in the 1st grade. Who knows, maybe he'll have
"The Knack". We have already suspected Makayla to have some "knackiness" in her, but I think it runs stronger in the male side of the Morriss family.
The baby is measuring a week bigger than my original date, and has been the last two ultrasounds so our due date is July 28th. Everything looks really good. He was pretty still at the beginning of the ultrasound then decided to move around a bit towards the end. He had his hand up by his mouth and was opening and closing it, which Makayla was certain that he was waving at her so she waved back. So cute. She informed us on the way home she still wants to name him "Karen" after her favorite babysitter. The jury is still out on that one. Natalie just smiles and says, "baby, tummy, baby, tummy." I think we are excited to have Morriss baby #3 come!

Profile shot
17 comments:
Congrats you guys! That's awesome... So glad to get an email from you with the good news. I was thinking of you the other day and was wondering what was new in your lives... now I know! Awesome!
WHOO HOO! Congrats on the boy! Matt says he knew you had it in you to produce a baseball player:)
Yeah! It's fun to make it a family affair- except if you are like Kaylee I had to have a vaginal ultrasound to even see anything! Stubborn then and stubborn now! Have fun with the little man!
Oh, one more thing, do you have that crazy cough again this time around? I'm just curious if it is just the girls who have put you into these coughing fits:)
Congratulations, I am so happy for you two! That is so exciting! Your girls are adorable! I love how Makayla wants him to be named Karen! That is funny!
I'm so excited for you guys! Brant could tell with Heath right off too, but it was just a blur to me! Congratulations!
Yay!!!! Congrats! That is sooooo exciting! Little baby boys make me sooo baby hungry - so you will have to let me hold him lots!!!
The girls are going to SUCH great big sisters!!!
Congrats! That's great news that a boy will be joining your family! And a good excuse to buy some new baby clothes!
Congrats on your baby boy to be! How exciting to add some testosterone to your house--we're a house full of girls.
congratulations! hope your growing, happy family has many blessings come your way!
Cars, trains, and trucks...OH MY! Who knows, maybe he'll like pink because he doesn't know any better :)
CONGRATS!!
Yeah - how exciting. And how fun that the girls are excited about it too.
Congrats!! I hear boys are a lot of fun. ha ha.
yeah! I'm so excited for you!!! Finally a boy...I bet Jeremy can't wait.I didn't think decorating for a boy would be fun but it turns out...its more fun than I thought! I think I probably went more all out than I would've for a girl. Hope you are feeling well. We need to see a belly pic!
Wahooo!!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats on the baby and have fun with everything boy! And by the way- lexi apparently did a great job on teaching Nathan the ropes, including with a tutu. We have a great blackmail video of Nathan dancing around with a fluffy tutu- classic! Also, loved the "knack" utube link. :)
Wow, we are behind the times. Congrats, guys!! Jamie, boys are every single bit as much fun to have around the house as girls. You'll have a blast. I'm sure Jeremy is ecstatic, if just for some estrogen deflection. :)
So I'm REALLY behind on checking your blog....but CONGRATS!! I'm SO excited you're having a boy...they are so fun! :D
Post a Comment