Sunday, February 7, 2010

When Life happens . . .

When life happens I tend to "forget" to blog. It's there in the back of my mind and I know I should be recording these little precious tidbits of life, but when life happens I don't find the time to write it down. So here is life for us over the last 2 months, extremely condensed.

Thanksgiving in GA. I don't know what was more exciting to Makayla the plane ride or the opportunity to see Grandma and Grandpa. These are the "plane chains" we made so Makayla could get a better understanding of how long we had til we got ride on the plane to see her grandparents. She LOVED doing this.
We had a marvelous time and even squeezed in a 5K run. I ran my best time--26:00 and was first in my age group. Jeremy was suffering from a sinus infection but still ran fast because he is awesome.
This is Natty realizing that Thanksgiving dinner was going to be a little later than she wanted.

Christmas Preparations. Besides shopping like a mad woman, we got to do some neat things this year. Some friends and I made dinner for a boys home, we went caroling at a nursing home, and the crazy lady that I am made 30 loaves of bread and jars of homemade jam to give to neighbors and friends. We started a new tradition--Elf on the Shelf. Jeremy's sister gave us this elf that watches the kids during the day and then reports to Santa at night. The next day he is in a new spot and they have to find him. Makayla was very excited to find "Steve" every morning and would let him know what she wanted Santa to bring.
Christmas in Tucson. We journeyed down to Tucson for the holiday. We had a great time getting attention from Grandma and Grandpa and the aunts and uncles.

Reliving the Nativity. The girls had fun filling up Grandma's Nativity set as we read the scriptures that went with it.

Graham Cracker Concoctions. We divided up into groups to create these amazing edible works of art. Makayla got to stay up and judge which one was the best. She picked the bottom left one, it is a crib with her cousin in it.
Christmas Morning. Natalie and her baby. Natalie is my maternal-instinct girl. She loves everything baby.


Makayla got an MD for Christmas. Actually, the girls got a bunch of dress-ups and the surgeon dress-up was her favorite. She wore it all day.
Wedding and Reception. My sister Carli was married on Jan.2nd to her sweetheart, Roger. The wedding was wonderful and she looked absolutely breathtaking. The girls are in love their new uncle, especially Natalie. Makayla was entranced with Carli's dress, flowers, and anything wedding. She followed them around like a little puppy. We are happy to have Uncle Roger in our family and know he will make Aunt Carli very happy. Not to mention, he will make two little nieces very happy just by being his very cool self.



January Fun.
As if the holidays weren't enough, here's life in January.

Carousel Ride. Makayla loves the movie Mary Poppins. One of her favorite parts is when the carousel horses jump off the carousel and they go riding in the country side. After some searching for a couple of weeks we found a carousel that I think, did the trick. I have never seen a child so excited and surprised as she was when we showed her what she was getting to do. Oh, and Natalie might have enjoyed it a little too. That was a good parent day--we got points for that one!

Snow, snow, and more snow. We got dumped on with snow, 4-4 1/2 feet to be exact. Wow, it is more snow than either one of us has ever seen. When you get snow, there are two choices that you have, stay inside, curl up with book or movie, and stay warm or go out in it, get cold and wet but have a blast doing it. We did both. Makayla is like her Daddy, loves the snow and seems to be numb to the cold effects. Natalie on the other hand is her mother's daughter; once cold, always cold; it's nice to look at from the window. We decided to go sledding with some friends and I will have to admit, I had just as much fun as Makayla! Natalie stuck to her guns on this one, after 15 minutes the snow is no fun.

This is "Saven," our noble snowman. He got almost covered after the "big storm" hit.

Zoo Trip. Makayla's best friend, Autumn just turned 3 and her brother, Bruce, just turned one. When a friend has a party, we are there!! We went to the Wild Life Zoo in Phoenix to celebrate with our buddies. The girls liked feeding the giraffes, feeling the starfish, and being with lots of fun friends, but the zoo had a carousel too and that was the highlight of the whole trip. Thanks to the Larsens for a great birthday bash!

Best Friends. These girls love each other like sisters.


Don't know why Makayla has an "oops!" look on her face, but this picture is cute of Natalie and Daddy.

I love my little Monkey! How could you not love that face!
If you are still reading . . .
For you that have endured another long, drawn out blog from me, here is one more thing we have been working on. When life happens I have trouble keeping it blogged, well life has happened again for the Morriss family. We are expecting Morriss baby #3 at the end of July/beginning August! Yep, we are going to have 3 kids under 4. Are we crazy or what?! Crazy or not we are happy to welcome this little one at the end of this summer. I feel pretty good most of the time. Just little bouts of tiredness, queasiness, and some headaches here and there, but I can't complain. I'm 15 weeks, so we have about another month to find out whether it's a boy or girl.

So that is life!! To quote a good friend, "We are alive and kickin'! Hopefully I can keep up with life well enough in the future to write it down once and a while!

14 comments:

Brittney said...

Congrats on baby #3! Two is still manageable because in emergencies you can tuck one under each arm and get outta there. Three kids.....you are hopelessly outnumbered. Wouldn't trade it for anything though. We're excited to see if you'll do the trifecta like us.

Kate said...

Yay! Congrats Jamie!!

Stephanie Johnson said...

Great update. You look smashin' in your red dress, Jamie! Congrats on expecting #3. I just had #4 a couple of weeks ago. I'm jealous of all of the snow -- it looks like fun to me! :)

Rachel Goodwin Williams said...

Great update! Congrats on baby #3! It's a big decision to let the kids out number the adults. Takes lot of faith!

Kristi said...

Congrats on the new baby!!! Yay!! I hear ya - we had 3 kids under 4 and under and then 4 kids 5 and under.... it is busy - but awesome!!!!
Also - congrats on your 5K time! That rocks and you did look super hot in your red dress! Way to go!!!

Katie said...

Congratulations! No wonder you missed a little blogging time. 3 is so fun!

Heather said...

You guys have way too much fun!!! I love the elf on the shelf. I heard about it this year and i bought one for a friend, but I think we'll get ours next year when Abby can understand more about santa. Great blog! And hope you're feeling well with #3!

Mrs. Pyne said...

wahooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats on the 3rd kiddo coming along! I love all your pictures and am very jealous of the 4+ feet of snow! Wow and Carli married- I know I didn't really know her at all, but I just picture her as your little sister coming back from lake powell while we visited you guys last and at your wedding before that! You all look so good in the wedding photos!

Sharon said...

Congrats on baby#3. Sounds like all is well - can't wait to hear if it's a girl or a boy :)

Jamie Sue said...

I haven't blogged much lately either, and haven't stayed up-to-date on other peoples blogs. I just got caught up on yours! That was fun! Congrats on the baby. I hope the pregnancy goes well for you. And I just have to say I LOVED your Halloween costumes! That was a great idea! Love yer butt!

DHCHWinn said...

Wow, that was quite a post! We love to see that you all are doing well and having so much fun!! Congrats on the new one! P.S. Im lucky if I make two loaves of bread!!

Monica said...

FINALLY! An update on life with the Morriss's! I'm so excited for Baby #3. Congrats to you (and Jeremy) :)!

Taylor and Kristin Williams said...

We're so excited for baby #3! Julia loves her cousins!

Kelly said...

I love your gardening layout. Too cute! You are much more determined than I would ever be in that area. Good luck. (You need a picture of some bug that can devour an entire watermelon vine overnight. That happened to me once. So see, it could be worse.)