Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day, Hun!!

While in Tucson this Christmas I had a good talk with my Mom. We were discussing how Jeremy has, what I think are, an endless amount of electronic "needs." I am pretty satisfied with our current computer, tv, surround sound, cell phones, etc. But that man is always finding something else that we "need." Well, quite frankly it can drive me nuts, because I don't enjoy big purchases, especially if I don't think they are necessary. But we have agreed that we just spend money differently because I definitely spend enough for the both of us.

Anyway, talking to my mom opened my eyes because she told me that there are several purchases that my dad has made or wants to make that she thinks are ridiculous, but here is the counsel she offered. She made the point that our men go to work everyday making money that they rarely get to spend. Which I would have to agree with her, I spend the majority of the money. Then she made the point that Jeremy has always been so careful with our money--saving, researching and getting a good deal, etc. This is very true, Jeremy is NOT an impulse shopper and is always trying to find ways to save. Her counsel was this, just support him and see how it works out. Well, this is what happened . . .
Thanks a lot Mom!!!

No, this actually has been a very good experience for us. Jeremy has researched and researched, agonized, and gone back and forth about this decision. He found this entertainment center at Home Depot the other day. It was on clearance for the change of season for a great price. The thing I love about it is that doubles as a space heater that heats up to 400 sq. feet. I turn it on in the morning for a couple of hours and then again in the evening and it is so comfortable in our family room. (We have endured 55-60 degree temperatures in this room long enough!) So that was my Valentine's gift, the gift of warmth. Then tonight we went to Sam's Club (for the 3rd time this week, excluding all the hours online and looking at Best Buy.) And he found this little, quaint 42" TV. Again he got it for a bargain because they are clearancing this TV out for the newer version, plus it was a floor model. Take a look at that face! He is a little boy on Christmas morning! (Also, take a look at the size of that steak on the TV screen!) Happy Valentine's Day, Love. You deserve it! Thanks for all your hard, dedicated work at your job and more importantly at home. We love you so much!

PS--Does anyone want to buy nice entertainment center and a 27" TV? Right now I have wall to wall entertainment and it is a little over-stimulating.

8 comments:

Brant and Jana said...

I need more info on this entertainment center/heater! So well put! I don't think spent Brant has spent more than 100 dollars on what he wants in all the years he's been working for us (his family)

JohnGordon said...

John says if you can get a new flat screen then you can come out and visit us!

Stephanie Johnson said...

How fun to have a new TV. We just bought our first flatscreen TV and it arrived today. I think Jared will say it is money well spent! :) The fireplace looks awesome and cozy!

Katie said...

Do you really want to sell your other entertaiment center? I'm interested if it would work with a 32" flatscreen.

Anonymous said...

I deal with the same big purchaser thing with Micah. But I try to stick it out, or delay his urge to buy. Thanks for sharing this, so I know I'm not the only one!! Take care!

Kristi said...

WOW! That TV is awesome! I am afraid we are going to be the last people in the world holdin on to our old school TV!
You put it so well, it is true - we really do spend most of the $$$ Poor guys! I remember the first few years of marriage I felt sooo bad if I had to buy something for myself - makeup clothes etc... I wonder what happened to that?!?!

flagtown said...

That is awesome, everyone is warm and happy. Does Sam's still have those tv's on clearance?

Kelli said...

haha thats so funny!!! sounds like my husband with guns. "kelli can I get a shotgun?" Patrick dont you already have two? "but the big one is for serious hunting, the handgun is for your protection, this new one would be more for fun..." Guns are guns to me. Tvs are Tvs to me. I guess the bigger and better ones will always be around the corner.