We have reached a milestone in our parenting where our precious, sweet girl has a mind of her own and isn't afraid to speak it. (To our horror sometimes.) Here are some examples of her brutal honesty.
*When Daddy walks through the door in the evenings, "Daddy, I don't want you to come home. Go back to work."
*One day while I was getting ready for the day and Makayla asks, "Mommy, are you going to put on make-up today?" I said, "Probably not today." Makayla replies, "But, I think you NEED to put your make-up on today." I asked why. She doesn't understand why questions too well yet, her response was this. "So, I think you need to put it on your cheeks and eyes, so you look pretty. You really need to put on make-up today, ok?"
*Two nights ago we had tostadas for dinner. We have never had them before with the girls. They love beans and many Mexican foods. But, Makayla is very cautious with new food now-a-days, border-line picky. She looked at the re-fried beans and said, "It smells like poo-poo. I am not eating that." Not only did she it eat it, but she had another helping of it as well.
We have working and working on manners, "please," "thank you," not demanding things but politely asking, speaking nicely to family, friends, and teachers, etc. It doesn't seem to be sinking in. We only hope that she learns some common courtesy before she goes on her first date because if she tells her date to go back when he comes to pick her up and then tells him that the food smells like poo-poo at the restaurant he's taken her to might come off as a little rude. Wish us luck.
12 years ago

3 comments:
Ha ha ha, that's awesome. Kids say the darndest things right?? I'm just glad Abby can't talk now, I'm not sure I want to hear what she really thinks of her crazy parents!!
Welcome to the 3 year old years. And you thought terrible 2's were bad. Just wait till 4- they learn how to talk back! Enjoy! Love yer butt!
That's hilarious!
Post a Comment