This is evidence that my child has watched the "Finding Faith in Christ" DVD one too many times. You might ask yourself, "Watching a show about Jesus shouldn't be bad. What's the big deal?" I'll tell you.
First let me preface this with saying that Makayla gets to watch "Finding Faith in Christ" on Sundays when I do her hair for church. She LOVES it and has learned a lot from it. However, we were getting into the van the other day after playgroup and the wind was blowing. (Surprise, it always blows here.) Makayla said to me, "Mom, I'm going to stop the wind." I said "Oh, really." She replied, "Yes, I am going to stop the wind." I then asked how she planned on doing that. (If you have seen the movie when Jesus is in boat on the storm-tossed sea with his disciples, you can totally picture this next part, because she did it PERFECTLY.) She raised her hand up and with all the reverence and faith that a 2-year-old could muster, she quietly said, "Peace, Be Still." It completely took me off-guard and I didn't know whether to fight the laugh that comes when your children say the darnedest things or actually look around to see if it stopped being windy. I got in the van and she said to me, "Mom, the wind didn't stop. I want the wind to stop. Jesus made the wind stop." So how do you explain that one to a toddler? I think I fumbled through something like, "Jesus has a special power that can stop the wind. Maybe he wants the wind to the blow. It's ok if the wind blows." Truth be told, I secretly hoped that she would stop the wind.
12 years ago

3 comments:
That is too cute. I love to see kid's little minds working. It almost makes me choke up.
I wish I was there to see all these cute little things she does. I can definitely tell from your stories that she has more personality than most kids her age.
she is hilarious! i love that girl!
Post a Comment