12 years ago
Friday, June 5, 2009
"I Touch the Fire Truck?"
You don't even know how much I wish I had a picture to go with this post! Yesterday we went to the fire station. The reason wasn't to take a tour or anything but I had to sign some paperwork. As we were pulling in, Makayla became all excited and said, "Ooooo!! Fire truck, Kayla touch the fire truck?!" I told her that I just needed to go in really fast and then we were going home to get Natty down for a nap. Well, long story short, the firemen were more than willing to give her the VIP tour. Not only did the child get to touch the fire engine, but she got to sit up in the driver's seat and turn on and off the lights several times. They offered to let her hold one of the hoses, but she was a little timid about that one. She got wear a helmet and open different compartments on the truck. Then she was given her own firemen hat and "badge" (sticker). She was in seventh heaven!! They were so sweet to her and she just ate it up. Where was my camera during this? At home, because we were just going in for a second! It was a fun, spontaneous field trip that hopefully Mommy can plan again, with the camera in tow next time!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Sounds fun! Lucy and Alice's uncle is a fireman so I imagine at some point we will take a trip out there to the fire station.
What kind of paperwork did you have to sign at a fire station??
Post a Comment