Monday, April 4, 2011

Spring Chicks


I love Spring. Even though it is not quite warm yet, and the weather can be pretty unpredictable, and it blows you to kingdom come--I love Spring. I love seeing buds on trees and flowers starting to emerge from the thawing ground. I love the fact that the dead part of winter is being reborn and changing to vibrant greens. I love the newness of life. It could also be the fact that I was born during Spring. Natalie and I are the Spring Chicks of our family. I was born on Easter and she is an April Fools baby. I have noticed that both of our temperaments can reflect the season that we are born in--sweet and serene at times, blustery at others. This year we celebrated simply and small--PERFECT.

Jamie's Birthday festivities--Movie and frozen custard date with my sweetheart, breakfast in bed the next morning, a quiet morning to get ready in peace, Jeremy made lunch, he watched the kids while I went shopping with some birthday money, (so relaxing) and he made an AWESOME dinner topped off with my choice of cake and ice cream. Here are some pictures of the festivities. Thanks sweetheart for making me feel like a queen on my special day!

My new snazzy blow dryer--it's professional, I am not. :)

My helpers in unwrapping my presents. Evidently I needed some help.

My cake with candle stubs. Jeremy was determined to put 33 candles on it. It took a while so some of the candles were close to catching the cake on fire.


Natty's Birthday Festivities--Honey Nut Cheerios (I tried to make her something special for breakfast--she is like her daddy--she loves and opted for cereal.) Playing at the park with friends and more playing and more playing and yet some more. A good nap. Birthday dinner at Peter Piper Pizza. Cake and ice cream while staying up late watching her new movie, Tangled. Here's part of her happy day . . .

My big 3-year-old

Some Birthday Buddies

Sweet sisters and friends

Makayla, Carter and the Scary Clown

The coveted Barbie car.

I think she likes her Tangled paint book.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute and fun!

Sharon said...

Happy Birthday! It sounds like it was a perfect way to spend your special day.

Rachel Goodwin Williams said...

Glad to see you had a wonderful birthday!

Mrs. Pyne said...

Happy Late B-day Jamie! You and your family look great! Goodluck with the wind- we've had a good amount here as well!