Sunday, February 20, 2011

Tender Mercies

It has been a long time since I have posted anything. Funny thing about it is that I have written several times but never posted. One thing or another kept me from making them viewable. Perhaps they were more valuable for me to write then for others to read. That being said, I do feel like it is time. Many things have happened the last several months--birthdays, holidays, vacations, my children's milestones, ups and downs but I am going to focus on just this week.

When some people talk about the "tender mercies" of the Lord they talk about loved ones being spared from injury or sickness, being able to buy a house, getting a job, etc. While I know these are tender mercies from the Lord, my tender mercy this week was so much simpler. It was the mercy and miracle of PEACE.

The week started off pretty badly with a full-blown confrontation with someone that I love dearly. While I was the one at fault, there was no way that I could repair the damage. I anguished over this, and even now am saddened by that offense. During this time, Jeremy went on a business trip. I don't enjoy his absence on many levels--he is the best companion I could ever ask for. He brings so much contentment and strength in my life. Plus, I wasn't looking forward to nights listening to a creaking house. So while I didn't have anything earth-shattering and life-threatening, life was not exactly rosy either. Then I was blessed more than I know I deserve. The Lord let me know that He is there and very mindful of me.

Jeremy gave all of us a priesthood blessing before he left. And what I was given was the gift of peace and pure calmness. Peace to know that the Lord forgives me of my misdeeds. Faith to know that all will work out for my good, whether it is the way I would like or not. Conviction that I can overcome without becoming bitter and angry. Strength to know I can change. A sure knowledge that I am loved unconditionally by those close to me and by my Savior.

The girls were blessed with obedience and cheerfulness. My children did wonderfully last week. Very little contention and so much respect for me. Carter was an angel baby. We had a lot of fun doing the regular routine things and enjoyed being with each other. There was definitely a heavenly presence here. (And, I slept soundly through the night, even with a creaky house.)

I truly felt the Lord's hand this week, guiding my little family. Guiding me. While it was not an earth-shattering experience, it definitely was a soul-changing experience. And that is what He knew I needed.

7 comments:

Jenny said...

I am so glad, Jamie. What a blessing. Peace is priceless, isn't it! I hope this week is as good.

Brant and Jana said...

Awesome! I think you rock enjoy Every tender mercy

Kristi said...

I am so sad for you that you had the confrontation - I hate /dread those more than just about anything!!!! At the same time, I am so happy for you that you felt the Lord in everything you were doing and felt His tender mercies!
Let me know if there is anything I can do to help ya!

Sharon said...

The Lord does know us and our needs . . . and that is a tender mercy every day ;)

Tricia said...

Thanks for sharing your experience... It touched me and reminded me of the many tender mercies that I over look each day. I'm grateful that you were able to enjoy such a "simple" week of peace.

The Barb Chronicles said...

love tender merecies. I love those weeks when I feel wrapped in the blanket of peace. I hope you have a great week... take care friend.

Kelli said...

What a wonderful tender mercy. Sometimes thats all we need. A calming and reassuring feeling that life is good and that we are loved. I love you Jamie!!