Monday, August 9, 2010

OH BOY!!


Oh Boy! I am a mother of a baby boy. Oh boy, I am a mother of 3 kids under 4. Oh boy, I am pretty exhausted already and it hasn't been 2 weeks yet since this little guy came into our lives!

Well, I am pretty much in love with this little guy. He is the most content, sweet baby. He sleeps really well and is very content and alert when he is awake. I couldn't ask for a better baby. It has been a bit different adjusting to a boy though, I will admit. We have been caught off guard a couple of times changing his diaper! That was a wet and wild experience!

The girls love him too. Especially Natalie. She is a natural nurturer and sweet big sister. She loves to hold him and is so gentle with him. He is very good to let her hold him all the time without getting fussy.

I am doing well. Slowly but surely feeling more normal everyday. The delivery was a fast, very intense one but when it was all said and done I am glad of what I got out of it. Not too sure if I am a fan of inducing or epidurals anymore. The induction was a lot more painful and forceful this time around since my body seemed to respond to it faster. I also was poked 5 times for the epidural since the catheters were not cooperating. That was excruciating to sit bent over while having hard, frequent (every 1-2 minute) contractions and getting poked over and over. Even though my back is still sore, I feel so much better than when I was pregnant. I can see my ankles, I can bend over and breathe, my cough is subsiding, and I don't have the aches and pains of pregnancy. It's beautiful. Speaking of beautiful, check out this beautiful little guy . . .

So handsome after a bath . . .


"Dad, don't go to sleep. Tell me more about the Braves!"


His funny toes. They are like that on both feet. Hopefully they will flatten out when he walks.


Here are some more beautiful children . . .

Proud sisters


Fashionista Numero Uno


Fashionista Numero Dos


It is pretty crazy in the Morriss household right now, but we are so grateful that Carter is here safe and sound. We love you, bud!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's been awhile since I've checked blogs. Carter is so adorable! So happy for you! I bet 3 under 4 is crazy, but you'd be the one who could handle it.... not me! Hope all goes well!! Love yer butt!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the picture of Natalie Holding Carter! I laughed out loud! So cute!! Your girls look like they will be "helpful" big sisters! (poor carter) hee hee! I think #3 has to come chill, Josie is the same way having 2 "Helpful" big brothers! He is perfect Jamie! Congrats!

Heather said...

I'm so glad everyone is doing so well! I love the picture of Jeremy sleeping with Carter. Those are always my favorite! If you ever need a little break you can send your girls to my house for a couple days! Kiss baby Carter for me!

Brant and Jana said...

can't wait to meet that little guy and give his ears a squeeze!

Sharon said...

Thanks for the update. Carter is a cutie. Glad to hear all is well.

Tricia said...

Glad to hear all is well! Congrats on the new addition and hope things continue to go well for ya'll!

Kelli said...

Haha. How cute! He is so stinkin handsome. Your girls look so grown up!