Thursday, July 22, 2010

Waiting and Wading

Yep, we are still waiting for our little Morriss boy. Nope, he isn't in any hurry to get here. Yep, we get several questions a day if this little one has come. Nope, he doesn't have any desire to join the crazy, noisy world of two sisters. Yep, I have had a lot of false labor scares. Nope, he still isn't here.

While I have waiting for little one to come Jeremy has been wading through this this week--


These are houses down the street from us. Because of the Schultz Fire, it has left that mountain pass very vulnerable to mudslides and flooding. But we didn't think that flooding could come into our neighborhood. Well, it did and it has been pretty scary. We have been safe so far. The flooding did come down our street and caused our neighbors some serious problems. Jeremy has been sandbagging, sandbagging, sandbagging, cleaning out our neighbor's basement that flooded, and helping neighbors that have had flooding in their yards. He's a pretty tired guy. I have been really impressed with this ward. They really have pulled together to help each other out, not mention all the calls that we get to make sure we are not underwater and that my water isn't breaking and having this boy during all this mess. Today was round two of this flooding and it wasn't as bad on our street for some reason. Even though we have been fortunate, it still puts me on edge--do we have enough sandbags? Where is the water going to come from next(it had a slight change in direction tonight) Are we going to turn into our neighbors who are shoveling out mud and water from their homes even though they have a wall 6-7 sandbags tall? They are sobering thoughts. We are very grateful though. We found out our water is contaminated today but we haven't been affected at all. Thank goodness for food storage. I don't enjoy storing water because it just takes up so much space. But I am glad we are because we didn't even think twice about it today. Aren't we grateful for small miracles?! I am also grateful for the big miracles too--we've only been waiting and not wading in our house.

2 comments:

Sharon said...

I've been thinking about all my friends in Doney Park. Glad to know you guys are still dry. Hope that continues.

Mortal said...

Wow, that would be really scary! I hope that you guys are still in good shape.