Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Halloween and THE RACE

I apologize for the multiple posts recently, but we have been doing a lot and haven't had all the time in the world to post all the fun!

Halloween this year was nuts. (When is it not?! When you have costumes, parties, trunk-or-treating and a birthday to do?!) Our costumes were, let's just say, custom. Makayla wanted to be a pumpkin or a princess. No, no, no, my dear, we have something better this year than the regular, same ole, same ole. We were inspired by the true events that transpired in our family a month ago.

Check out our new hair-do's!
Guess who is to blame?
The perpetrator--she looks remorseful
So, these scary hair-do's (yikes Jeremy) were inspired by Makayla's cutting spree that she did on her sister a month earlier. So her "salon's" name is "Hair for Stares" and we are her victims, oh, I mean, clients. We made her some fake scissors and I don't think that she could be any happier. She had been "fasting" from scissors for a whole month and she just couldn't wait to get them into her "clip-happy" hands. She was disappointed that she couldn't be a pumpkin this year but her sadness faded quickly when she was given the scissors and saw our silly hair.

Halloween Par-tay!!!

We had our pumpkin carving party the Tuesday before Halloween. Unfortunately, we didn't get a picture of the pumpkin after it was carved. But here are some candid pictures of the food, friends, and fun.


THE AMAZING RACE

I did it!!! I ran the 10K! My sister, Kristin was glutton for punishment as well. Jeremy also succumbed to peer-pressure from his wife and ran the 2-mile race. (I love you, hun. You always do everything in your power to please your wife.) The rac
e went really well. It was Halloween morning in Mesa. I had been training for a while before, working up slowly to 6 miles. I had run 6 miles the previous two Saturdays and it was rough, but do-able. But I was counting on a lower elevation, warmer weather, and adrenaline to pull me through. And boy did it pull me through! I ran the race in 57:43. Not too bad for my first race. I never stopped, which was my goal. I felt good through most of the race. For some reason, I had a side-cramp on my LEFT side (they are always on the right) for the first mile that I couldn't get rid of, but then it subsided on it's own. The rest was great. Jeremy did great as well. They didn't officially time the 2-milers but he is pretty sure he did it around 18 minutes. And because he LOVED it so much, I talked him into running a 5K with me during Thanksgiving in Georgia. Kristin kicked major trash and did it in 54:29. Go Kris!!! All in all, we did fantastic and probably would do it again! Half-marathon here I come!! (NOT!!)

First 5K and still smiling!
The Racers
Oh yeah, we are AWESOME! Gross and Sweaty, but AWESOME!

2 comments:

Kristi said...

Woo hoooo! You did it! Congrats!!!! I am excited to talk to you about it!

Rachel Goodwin Williams said...

Great job on your race! It always feels great to accomplish a goal! I always did love that elevation advantage of training in Flag.