Thursday, September 3, 2009

"Give Me Money"

Here's a Makayla-ism for you. We went to Michael's yesterday to get some hair bow making accessories. We get to the check-out and I handed the cashier a 20 dollar bill (I never have cash, but I did on this rare occasion.) He gives me the change and Makayla promptly holds out her hand and says, "Give me some money too. I need some money." The cashier responds, "Don't we all need some money." She then repeats, "Push that button right there and get some money out of that drawer. I need it." I couldn't believe how bold she was being. I apologized and talked to her later about how we give the store money not the other way around. Jeremy told her later that method of demanding money from a store clerk only works when you carry a weapon, but advised her not to practice that method.

3 comments:

Hina Schneider said...

OMG! That is hilarious. I don't think we give our kids enough credit because they are a lot smarter then we think

Monica said...

You are a great dad Jeremy...SO funny. Way to teach your girl the way of the streets!

Mrs. Pyne said...

That's a classic- I love kids comments- though not necessarily at the moment they are embarrassing me. :)