We all have those days for one reason or another. Those days where you just feel "off", "not on your game", and just a tad bit cranky at everyone and everything. I had one of those days yesterday. Not any one thing that caused me to be on edge, but a bunch of little things that just seemed to get under my skin. So much was under my skin by lunchtime that my girls and myself all landed ourselves in timeout. After we all calmed down, we had lunch. This when I noticed tender mercies from the Lord being poured out for me when I definitely didn't deserve blessings because of my behavior.
Makayla is in the stage right now where she likes to say her prayers without help. There is a clear, "Dear Heavenly Father," then it breaks down into mumbles until the conclusion of the prayer where we hear, "name of Jesus Christ, amen." We have been trying to work on her diction during prayers, but to no avail. Well, yesterday was no different--mumble, mumble, then clear as day, "Please bless Mommy to be happy today." Mumble, mumble, "in the name of Jesus Christ, amen." That humbles you to the core and brings everything back into perspective.
After lunch, my sweetest friend, Tera called and told me that she would like to make dinner for us because her husband isn't home on Thursdays and would like to share her dinner with us so I wouldn't have to smell all the wonderful smells of cooking food that I can't have. (I was having a hard hCG diet day.) She was definitely listening to the Spirit. She also offered to stay, chat, and work on the quilt that is going at a snail's pace. I felt bad for being the needy friend, but was so glad that she was so in-tune with my feelings.
After having a much needed power-nap, a pep talk from my mom, and not having to give a second thought about what I was going to make my family for dinner, I was in a much happier place. Long story short--Tera and the kids came over. The family enjoyed a fabulous meal provided by her. Jeremy then watched all the kids in the sandbox so Tera and I could do some quilting. I love that man, he puts in a long day at work and is so willing to give 110% at home. That is just what the doctor ordered for my "off day", doing something I enjoy with someone that I enjoy being with and having a short break from the kids while doing it. We hashed out some of my silly concerns and felt like a weight was lifted.
It is amazing how the Lord fulfills our needs, even when we are not "on top of our game," he blesses us and lets us know that we are loved and cared for. I am so blessed to have tender mercies in so many forms. Yesterday they came in the form of a child's prayer, a thoughtful phone call, an encouraging mother, a loving, devoted husband, and a listening, caring ear from a dear friend. I thank the Lord daily for you being my blessings and tender mercies.
12 years ago

4 comments:
I am so glad that your off day turned out to be a wonderful day!
I think with two little ones that the off days many times out number the on days. Thanks goodness for wonderful family and friends that help out and lift us up when we need it!
Hi Jamie!! I'm so glad I found your blog and that your email address worked so I could send you an invite to mine!! Thanks for commenting already. I've read through lots of your posts and just think you have the sweetest, cutest family ever!! Your stories all made me laugh, especially about your girls. It sounds like you're liking Flagstaff and doing well. Hope we can keep in touch from here on out.
HUGS!! Lindsay Clark :)
Thanks for sharing that - what a great reminder of the little things that come our way every day.
Post a Comment