Our girls have some new tricks to show off.
Natty's finally walking! Hooray!! She started doing this about a month ago, but it hasn't been until this week that she realized that it is a better form of transportation than her knees. By the way, she wasn't crawling regularly because she found out that you can't carry things as well when you crawl. So she decided to walk on her knees. Basically, that meant crawling but upright so that she could still use her hands. Crazy kid. So I started saying every time she would walk on her knees, "That's not walking, that's crawling with style." I knew that she could walk but she refused to do it. Anyway, here she is with her new trick finally at 16 1/2 months old.
Makayla's new trick hasn't been captured on film yet because she is doing it under the radar. Yesterday morning I went into the girls room to get them out of their cribs and ready for the day. (Yes, Makayla is still in the crib, but not for long.) Makayla was in Natty's crib and said, "Hi Mom! I'm in Natty's crib." (Duh.) Their cribs are adjacent to one another and now Makayla has decided that her crib isn't good enough anymore. Surprise, didn't see that coming. She has NEVER been a climber or adventurous with any stretch of the imagination. Later, that day during their afternoon nap I smelled the scent of strong Baby Magic lotion permeating through their bedroom door. I cracked the door and peeked inside. Makayla was in Natty's bed and there was Baby Magic all over their dresser and their rocking chair. Now either a fairy made all that mess or Makayla completely got out of her bed, made the mess without a sound, then crept back into Natty's bed and went to sleep. She didn't even try to come out of her bedroom. Guess she was having too much fun giving all the furniture a baby lotion massage. I think it is finally time for the toddler bed.
12 years ago

5 comments:
Wow! Those are some tricks. Its funny to see what kinds do and get into these days.
YAY NATTY IS WALKING!!! I am so proud!! Good for her!! (not so good for you) ha ha :) Your girls are adorable!!!
Hooooooray for walking! That is wonderful! So excited that she is doing it now!!!
I personally I'm a fan of Makayla's new trick. That kid cracks me up. I love the things she says. I very proud of Natalie for new mode of transportation.
Natty would have been walking earlier if she had come over to our house. :) I can't believe how big your girls are getting.
Post a Comment