10. Potty Training. Just mentioning it gives me a nervous twitch! Actually Makayla is doing fantastic. Some days are better than others but I think she prefers being in "big girl panties."

9. Jamie's Birthday. I won't tell my age if you won't ask. Jeremy made me 2 birthday cakes and invited some fun friends to celebrate.

8. Toddler hikes. The hike pictured here is in Sedona with our fun friends, the Larsens. We loved the hike, the girls loved the dirt.


7. Gopher-proofing our flower bed. Makayla and Jeremy set out to keep out unwanted fiends. "They" dug down 16 inches and then laid down chicken wire then covered the big hole again.

6. Cousin Julia was born. Jeremy and I became an uncle and an aunt for the first time. My brother, Taylor and his wife, Kristin had a beautiful little girl March 23rd. Makayla is crazy about her--looking at pictures, talking about her, and wanting to hold her.
5. Natty's 1st Birthday! My baby turned 1, guess it is time to have another one. (OK, maybe not just yet. She still is a baby.)


4. Easter festivities. The Easter Bunny made an appearance here. The girls looked beautiful in their new Easter dresses. And between two families, we hid 53 eggs. We also discussed the real meaning of Easter with a lesson and a video that Makayla was very attentive to. (As attentive as you can be when you are 2 years old. She was very concerned when they "hurt" Jesus but she was relieved later and said "Jesus all better," when he was resurrected.) Kind of a difficult topic to explain to a toddler but so essential for her to know.


3. Cousin Shayla was born. Jeremy's sister, Carrie and her husband, Brian had a sweet baby girl named Shayla Kay on April 20th. We are doing well in the girl department for both families.
2. Jamie and Kristin run their first 5K in Tucson. I LOVED IT!! The weather was perfect and we the course was challenging but doable. My time was 28:33. Not bad for my first race. I ran 2 minutes faster than my previous fastest time. My sister Kristin ran it in a little over 31 min. and got 2nd in her age group (11-14-year-olds).

1. Projects, projects, projects. Jeremy is making a sandbox for the girls. The thing is huge and will be very nice when it is finished. Jamie is making 2 patchwork quilts for the girls' room. (I am hand quilting part of them. I hope they don't fall apart in the wash.) Jeremy scrapbooks for the second time in his life. The pages are fantastic. Jeremy replaces and repairs a very leaky shower faucet. Jamie is still trying to figure out how to use her Cricut for about 5 different projects. (Pictures of all these ongoing projects when they are completed will be posted shortly.)
And there you have it! What we have been up to in the last 2 months!

4 comments:
YIPEE! An update! Sounds like you have been busy, but having fun! We need to start potty training Riley this week... YUCK! We need to get together in this nice weather.
AWHH! An update...nice to know you are still alive and kicking it with the gophers...:)
Matt said..."HA, time for me to make fun of Jeremy!" about him scrapbooking (but you know Matt does that, too).
I can't believe Natalie is 1 already - how time flies when you're having fun! Looks like you guys have been busy and having a lot of fun.
31! Already? Oops I wasn't supposed to reveil your age was I? Tee,hee,tee,hee. Love the update! Thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment