Sunday, February 22, 2009

February Fun


February has been a busy month for us for sure! From snow to Sedona, from crawling to buying a minivan, from Valentine's Day to painting, we know how to party! We got "dumped" on again with snow. Makayla is a lot more excited about it this year than last. This is good news to Jeremy who becomes a 10-year-old boy all over again when it snows. Since I haven't been one that particularly enjoys long adventures in the snow, Jeremy loves pelting his daughter with snowballs and burying her in the snow. She usually doesn't mind except when she is pelted in the face as shown below:

We finally are resigned to the fact that Honda Civics are not made to haul things from Home Depot unless it's paint. There have been many a trips from various stores that Jeremy has muttered, "We need a bigger car." The time has finally come, last weekend we became the proud owners of a 2006 Toyota Sienna. Not exactly the truck that Jeremy has wanted but it can haul bigger things than a hammer. We have LOVED it and think it will be a nice addition to our family.

For Valentine's Day this year I tried to surprise Jeremy with a weekend getaway to Sedona--childless. He came home from work early which was frustrating to me who had orchestrated such an amazing plot, down to minutes. We still were able to go and I tried to forgive him. We had a great time just being a couple again, coming and going when we pleased and not having naps and eating schedules to work around. After a weekend of bliss, we came home and my parents took our children for the week! This was hard on me since I had just weened Natty the week before, but boy, it was worth it! I had time to meander in and out of stores, paint the girls' room, organize closets, run errands without worrying about cranky kids, and clean my house and it stayed clean!! It was beautiful! Thanks Grandma and Grandpa Williams!

Finally! Natty is crawling! My children have never been known for their agility and athleticism, but as long as they roll, crawl, and walk, then I sleep at night. Yep, she already found the plant and the garbage can--I love crawling babies. They have eyes that find every choking hazard within a 15 mile radius.


One last fun video to mark life at the Morriss house!

1 comment:

elise and jeff said...

I love love love ya'lls blog..I got it from Courtney's links- I'm glad that I can see how everything is going and how your girls are growing up:)