These are some of our doings this week, through Jeremy's eyes. I think that he said it well enough, with the exception of him teasing me about vertical-lined curtains. Plus, I am surprised that he didn't make mention of me reading "Twilight" for the first time. I was sure to get a snide comment about that. Guess I escaped unscathed--this time. This picture is of the girls at Home Depot, where we spend a lot of our time (and money) now-a-days. Natty was so elated the whole trip that she got to be a big girl and sit next to Makayla, her hero. Makayla was too busy "driving" that I don't think she realized that Natty was even there. Anyway, here are what the Morrisses are up this week through the eyes of an engineer. . .
One of the things I got to do was cut up a large frozen piece of roast. About a month ago some friends of ours came across several free 25 lb restaurant grade frozen roasts (long story). They gave us one, and we just stuck it in our deep freezer. Well, yesterday Jamie decided it was time we cut it up into smaller pieces that would fit in our crock pot and not take us too many weeks to eat. I don't know how many of you have tried to cut up a very large frozen roast, but this was no small task. I decided the easiest way to do this would be to take out my new Dewalt reciprocating saw and start in on it. The girls were asleep when I started in on the project, so I had to take the roasts outside so the sound of the saw wouldn't wake them up. After sawing for about 45 minutes solid, I had turned one piece of roast into six and had created quite a bit of beef dust. While beef dust doesn't float around and get everywhere like saw dust does, it starts to smell a lot worse in just a couple of hours. Cleaning the beef dust out of my new saw was pretty fun.
Okay, next subject. Jamie and I took the girls to our local Linens 'n Things on Saturday. They are going out of business, so we braved the crowds and headed into their liquidation sale. A lot of money later, we have some new curtains and rods, bath mats, mirrors, tooth brush holders, candle holders and other general wall decorations. We spent Saturday night putting up curtains. They have vertical stripes to help make our ceilings look higher.
Another preparation we are trying to make for having 7 extra adults in the house, is that we are moving Natalie into Makayla's room. I guess I shouldn't call it Makayla's room anymore since now it is the "The Girls Room". We tried sleeping them in the same room last night and it went pretty well. Other than Natalie waking up at 2 last night and screaming until about 3:15. Makayla didn't seem too bothered by it though. I think she has been listening to it for so long coming from the other room, that now that she is in the same room it doesn't bother her too much. I think Natalie was bothered by Makayla's night light though, so we might have to ween Makayla off of the light. They took a nap in the same room this afternoon and did great. Now we have put them down to bed tonight and everything went good. I think Makayla has been excited about having a friend/sister in her room, because when we are about to put her in bed she runs excitedly over to Natalie's pack-n-play, points at it and says "Natalie's" and then runs to her crib, points at it and says "Makayla's" and then gets a huge smile on her face. We have got some pretty cute girls.
Makayla has been watching the movie "Cars" a lot lately. I think of all the movies we have right now that is her favorite one. I also have a bunch of hot wheels cars that Makayla has taken a sudden interest in. Tonight we found out that she has named one of the red cars McQueen and a gray car Sally. Then, with no prodding from us, she broke out the "Ka-chow". She loves to have McQueen push other cars around, like he does w/Mr. The King at the end of the movie. But, her favorite thing to do, and I think this is a favorite for every kid, is she loves to make them crash.
So when Makayla was getting old enough to sit up on her own, she started freaking her mother out by getting what seemed to be a twitch in her neck, that soon spread to her whole upper body. We soon found out that she really was just starting to get her groove and that she would soon be our little dancer. Well, today we witnessed that Natalie seems to be getting that same little "twitch". We don't know where they get it from, but it looks like we might have another little dancer. Only time will tell...

6 comments:
Don't knock Jamie's need for Vertical striped curtains, she is following the advice of a Very smart, Super funny, amazing person. :-) Just incase you wanted to know. And WAY TO GO on buying them, i need to get out there and see it!
Sounds like you guys are busy and having fun.
Jamie, I would love to take their pictures! I hear ya, professional photography is ridiculous these days! I wish I could give you some pointers, but Im not professional! Haha, My trick is to do a lot of editing. I need to learn more about lighting and such. But if we are ever in the same town, I would love to take their pictures!
Your little girls are so cute sitting there and driving the cart.
Way to blog! Isn't Home Depot the best! I spend more and more time and money there than I'd like to admit. We just started tearing out the first wall in our house. Yea!
I found a 50 chick yay! it's Hot Mama Shamama from EA! I actually saw a picture of you on Jamie Sue's blog and told her I knew you. She mentioned she was trying to get you to start a blog so I've been stocking her blog waiting for you to start one. Yay for you.
Mine is set to private so email me at shamoms@cox.net and I'll send you an invite.
It's been fun browsing your blog and seeing hat you have been up to since EA days. Your girls are adorable and you look awesome!
Post a Comment