Sunday, November 16, 2008

Lovin' Life in the Old Pueblo

We went to Tucson this last week to be with my sister Kristin while my parents went to Hawaii . . . again. I don't know who was babysitting who, Kris is 14 and did a lot of babysitting after school and on the weekend while I went on a shopping spree. Hmm, a free babysitter who loves my children, beautiful weather, a recent payday, and a whole city at my shopping disposal--I was livin' the high life. I normally don't enjoy shopping but I have to admit it was not only tolerable, but I might venture out to say it was enjoyable. Kristin was very good to be left with the girls so much. Thanks a million, Kris! You are the best!

This last week I tried the Wii Fit for the first time. I think Jeremy was hoping that I would fall in love with it so that would give us more incentive to get one for Christmas. (That man and his love for electronics!) While it was fun, and I had some good workouts, I think we will be "Wii-less" for a while longer. It was fun bonding with Kristin while doing it, but doing it day-in and day-out would get boring after a while, plus I like getting out in the morning before the girls are up and going to the gym. It gives me an "out".

While his girls were away, Jeremy worked and worked and worked! He did 4-10 hour days and then had Friday off. On the weekend he finished up a bunch of home improvement projects that needed to be done, like texturing and painting the wall that was once a door, running heating duct work out to our family room (believe me, this was no small feat), and mowed half of our acre lot. (Again, not a fun task, it was knee-deep with weeds.) He also made time with to go out with the missionaries and attend our parenting class. Wow, what a guy!!! He did have some fun though, he got together with some buddies and played Halo 3 until 1 am Friday night. I don't think he has seen 1 am in a long time unless it has been while holding a crying baby! There was no moping around in pajamas all day for this guy while his women were away!

7 comments:

flagtown said...

We all welcome you to this blogging world. Great pics. I am glad you were able to get away and do some fun shopping while you were in Tuscon.
By the way this is Annette.

The Crabtree Chronicles said...

Hey, great that you have a blog! We have a family one and I have a project blog for "girlie stuff". Check it out sometime. It's great to keep in touch this way, love the pictures of the girls!

Jani said...

Jamie! So excited to get your email today, I'm thrilled to catch back up with you and Jeremy. Ryan and I still talk about that semester we were all friends in Provo and long for another set of couple friends that we BOTH get along with. :)

No personal blog for us, but you can check out my business blog at http://www.photographybyjaniece.com/blog . Our family photos (and my girls' Halloween pics) are on there just a few posts down. And how cool that your girl #2 is Natalie--ours is too. Baby #3 is on the way in May.

Hina Schneider said...

Way to start your own blog. This is what everyone should do. Blogging is like my life and my journal.

Rachel Goodwin Williams said...

Glad to have you in the blogging world! We've really enjoyed journaling all our family events and also keeping in contact with friends/family this way. Looks like you guys are busy and happy as usual. I miss your wonderful play groups in Flag!

Hansen Five said...

Hey blogger! We missed you at the last parenting class. We loaded Jeremy full of ideas. Hopefully they were good and aren't causing stress!!

Kelli said...

Glad to hear you had a good time in Tucson! Hey add me to your blog. kelliandpatrick.blogspot.com. Your family is so stinkin cute!