How do you get this--

And this:
And this--
(Will it ever get and stay warm here?!)And this--
(I once had a couple of these cute critters as pets, now their appetite in my flower garden is leaving it brown and me very annoyed.)And when you have a lack of this--

It's funny. I go to the nursery and I feel like I can grow anything, then I go home and reality hits. BLACK PLANTS, HOLES IN THE GROUND, MISSING PLANTS THAT WERE THERE THAT MORNING, AND MY GARBAGE CAN HAS BEEN BLOWN DOWN THE STREET. Well, despite the discouragement and the fact that gardening could possibly be easier in these places:

We will press on and try new things this year. I sit at the feet of master gardeners and am a sponge. Hopefully we will do the drip or soaker hoses, I have finally convinced Jeremy that we need an outside kitty or two to keep our rodents in-line, (a.k.a. dead) and maybe a dome over our entire yard to keep out the wind and the frost. Just kidding about the dome, it would probably blow away and be found in New Mexico.


5 comments:
How did you get a picture of your gopher? Now that is amazing!
oooh yeah... this is NOT my area of expertise. Sorry! I even kill our potted flowers... :S
This is funny! Nice post! Well-put.
What a great post. You ARE living in "hostile" territory :) Good luck.
I kill house plants so I can't help, but my sister has found "something" to keep the critters away in her garden... I'll ask and let ya know if I think it would work for ya (and it's not kitty's...)
Good luck! (I'm off to plant a garden of my own in my "backyard" and just hope I can get something to sprout, let a alone grow!)
Post a Comment