Monday, April 5, 2010

From Baby to Little Girl

It is so surreal that 2 years have passed already and my baby is turning into a little girl. We celebrated Natalie's 2nd birthday on April 1st. No really, it's her birthday. No joke. In some ways it makes me sad to let go of that baby and encourage her to grow but like fine wine (I've only heard) she gets better with time. She has been my sensitive, dependent, and more needy of the two girls. After battling colic for 2-3 months in the beginning, then teething started and didn't let up until she was 18 months old. Since then she continues to get happier and more amiable everyday. She is our cuddly one. She gives the best hugs and kisses. She is a natural-born nurturer, loving on babies and animals alike. She loves what her sister loves and strives for Makayla's attention and approval. She, like her sister loves books, swimming, anything that has to do with dirt. Natty's vocabulary is starting to take off, only we don't know what language that vocabulary is apart of. She loves to talk and sing, leaving her poor parents and friends struggling to translate. We love you more than you know, Natalie! You have been a unique and priceless gift to us. We knew you were special from the beginning. You teach us how to be better parents. We are so happy and honored to be your parents. Happy Birthday, sweet girl.

Here are some pictures from her big day.

Williams Family Tradition--Start the day off right with a tummy ache because of strawberry pancakes. She took them down without any problem.

Taking the jump into "big-kidhood" at the gym

Love that sweet smile!

Cheese!!

Pizza at the best place in town--Fratelli's. Daddy wasn't going to miss this pizza, oh mean, his little girl's big day for anything.

Good food, great company!

On to the loot! My sweet friend, Jenny crocheted these dolly blankets. They are just beautiful. Natalie definitely has put them to use.

Talented always with the sewing machine, Tera, made this darling blanket for babies too. Do you see a trend?


"How do you text, 'I am spoiled' to Grandma?" Huge hit from Jana and Heath. Unfortunately she really knows how this works and does it often, at age 2.

I loved this gift, capes for the girls. My creative friend, Annette whipped up capes for both of my girls. Now they run through the house and Natty shouts, "I Tuperman, I Tuperman!!" So fun!

Thanks to all of our fun friends that made Natalie's birthday perfect. We had such a good time.

6 comments:

Rachel Goodwin Williams said...

Happy birthday to your not so little baby! Guess it's about time for her to become a big sister, huh? Hope everything is going well with pregnancy #3!

Brant and Jana said...

Thank you for the birthday bash! She is such a cutie!

Sharon said...

Wow - can't believe she's 2 already. Time flies when you're having fun.

Mrs. Pyne said...

What cute girls you have! I love all those handmade gifts- great ideas!

Meridith said...

How did she get so big so fast!?! I hate when they do that. Baby Morriss man is going to have a lot of mommies. :)

The Barb Chronicles said...

Hey! It's been so long since I have looked at your blog. I can't believe Nat is already 2, and now number 3 on the way! So fun! I just checked the Larsens blog and she is prego too, did you two plan that? :) We will miss you guys, keep in touch!