While I could feel really guilty for not posting in a while, but I will save time and just write what we have been doing the last month or so. It has been a whirlwind of holidays, company, plane rides, car trips, a wedding, and we even squeezed in getting sick! To reduce eye strain I am putting this post into three parts--Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years to the present. Here is part three, the newest happenings and New Years in Tucson . . .
We just couldn't get enough partying! By the time we arrived in Tucson, Jeremy was in full swing of his cold so he went to bed early on New Year's Eve. What a party animal. So it was Nate and Heather, my parents, and I ringing in the New Year. (Kristin finally consented to go to a dance, which really is groundbreaking for her.) We played Tripoly and then toasted to everything under the sun with sparkling cider. I am so glad that we don't drink, late nights are enough for us to get really scary!
New Year's Day we went on a picnic and "hike" (you use the term loosely when you have toddlers participating) out at Saguaro National Park. It was down-right warm out there. Gotta love Tucson in the winter! But we used that great weather to go to the Reid Park Zoo the next day and it was a blast! Just our pace, not a huge zoo but it has enough of the essentials that you are satisfied. Makayla got to feed the giraffes which was a lot of fun for her. They also had a train ride that she got to go on. She loved it, then 2 1/2 hours later we went to lunch. By the time we were home all of us were ready for naps! That is my kind of zoo! The girls also had fun with the "zoo" my family had at home. My sister got a puppy for Christmas. Being a shitzu-maltese mix she was roughly the size of a large guinea pig. Makayla did pretty good with her, very gentle. Natty just squealed anytime the puppy came near her. I don't know if she was overly excited to see her or just a little scared of her. Probably both. Although a short visit, we had a blast in Tucson as well!
Now we are back to normal life, wait, no, not quite yet. We ALL got sick last week with colds and round two of the pink eye. This time it hit Natty as well as Makayla. I have gone OCD with disinfecting my house to ensure this annoying, jerk of a germ doesn't come back. Jeremy has a sinus infection that still hasn't cleared up with antibiotics. We know how to party as a family.
With all this being said, now that Christmas is over I am ready for spring . . .
12 years ago

2 comments:
Way to post! Fun to read about your holidays, sorry you all were so sick. Thanks again for the soup, I really need to come over and get Soup Training 101. I love that stuff SO much! Thanks again. P.S.. The snickers aren't in my diet plan, but I couldn't resist. THANKS!
Sounds like fun! Great to see you at the gym. Good for you!!!
Post a Comment